Thursday 14 December 2017

Billboard magazine cover

1. Summarise the music celebrity you have created.  Include name, music genre, personality and how they are being used to comment on contemporary celebrity.
The music celebrity I created is called Sadee Wilson and is a pop music artist. Her personality is bubbly and fun although she is portrayed more seriously in this cover to get across an important message. In this she is being portrayed very seriously to show the way in which the media can influence artists into connoting a different portrayal of themselves rather than the reality.

2. Evaluate how you have constructed the representation of your celebrity through your cover image and cover headline/text (denotation/connotation of text and image
The simplicity shows the artist 'stripped back' rather than the often glamorous world of music celebrities. I tried to juxtapose this with the rest of the cover which is more glamourous in order to show the direct contrast.  I wanted to connote how artists are not always exactly the same as the way they are portrayed.

3. Analyse how far you have used and/or challenged stereotypes of gender/race/age/sexuality in your cover.
In terms of stereotypes I think I have managed to both use and challenge them, through my magazine cover. As the artist is young, female and a pop music artist, this is very common. However by contrasting the artist with the rest of the cover and also previous celebrity covers, I think I have managed to show an ulterior side to music artists.

4. Reflect on the production/editing process.  Are you pleased with the end result? Identify what is successful about your shot?  What would you have done differently in hindsight
Overall, I think both production and editing went well. I would have liked to have taken more shots in order to have a wider selection to choose from. Also, I think the time allocations were slightly difficult to adhere to, making the process slightly rushed.


No comments:

Post a Comment