Tuesday 16 January 2018

1.How I intend to fulfill the requirements of the brief I have chosen

When first thinking up ideas for my two TV adverts I decided to draw inspiration from other popular brands with similar target audiences. I then planned out how I will meet the requirements of the brief in order to successfully produce two TV adverts.

This is a mood board which I put together when doing research for my deodorant advert. It features well-known existing deodorant brands such as Dove and Lynx. As well as, brands such as Levi's and Calvin Klein which are both popular unisex brands with similar target audiences.

In order to meet the demands of the brief, I will be making two television adverts both lasting exactly 30 seconds. My adverts will promote a new unisex deodorant from the existing agency client 'UK deodorants'. A key element of my campaign is the unisex aspect which I wish to convey by using both male and female models, this shows a unique selling point of the deodorant. The client audience of 16-25 male and females, will also be adhered to by using actors within this age range. The product name 'Wave' must connote an active and youthful brand identity. I will do this by portraying the actors to be both active e.g. through sports and activities and also youthful to target the intended audience.
 Both my adverts will enable the audience to relate as well as aspire to be like the actors. The adverts must be suitable for prime-time E4 broadcasting, specifically, on weekdays from 7pm- 9pm. To do this I will follow the rules of the ASA.
 The deodorant slogan is'Anyone Anywhere' which helps to signify the universal aspect of the deodorant as it is unisex. Furthermore 'anywhere' contributes to the active and youthful aspect of the brand's identity as the deodorant is easily transported with the consumer to events, sports fixtures, the gym etc. My adverts will include techniques such as intertextuality through the reference of pop culture either from other media products, film, fashion or music. Also, generic hybridity as the advert crosses over into other genres of advert.
I hope to engage the target audience with both my adverts,through the use of both humour and emotional appeal to make memorable TV adverts.




For my first advert I will depict a scene between brother and sister. The boy will be late rushing off to meet his friend. It will show him trying to spray on his usual deodorant which is empty and therefore his sister lets him use her deodorant instead. We then see him leaving the house and as he does so, he walks past a girl who immediately reacts to the pleasant scent, looking up at him and smiling. It will end with a voice-over and pack shot, to detail the information to the audience. This advert will connote the unisex trait of the deodorant as well as its convenience.

For my second advert I would like it to be in the style of a daily/ simplistic routine which two different people are doing and also it will show them using the deodorant. Each actor will show a snippet of their daily routine before spraying on their deodorant, I will use a cross-cutting editing technique to do this. The editing will be snappy and fast-paced to keep the pace of the advert and create excitement for the audience. The upbeat music in the background will also match this fast-paced editing style. The target audience will be likely to relate to either one or both of the models as they draw similarities between themselves and the actors. The advert will also finish with a voice-over and a pack shot, detailing the information of the product.




No comments:

Post a Comment